Head of Marketing and Online – UK & Ireland
Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover
- Head of Marketing and Online, UK & Ireland
- Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- This is a fixed term position of 9 months initially, covering maternity leave
- Reports to the Finance Director, with a dotted line to the CEO
- Currently we are working remotely due to Covid-19; our office is in Battersea, London
- FTE salary £55k-60k per annum (negotiable)
Founded in 1984 by Thomas Sabo, the eponymous brand is an innovative, international lifestyle company, which creates inspiring jewellery, watches and eyewear for women and men. Long-term tradition, commitment to quality of raw materials, excellence in workmanship, love for design and passion are what the THOMAS SABO brand lives by. From the initial idea, to the careful selection of precious metals and stones all the way through to the craftsmanship, extraordinary attention to detail is integral in the creation of our designs, which are lovingly handcrafted. The final result comes in form of highly expressive accessories that allow the wearer to showcase their personality and own style.
Whilst our main headquarters are based in Germany, we have a small, but dynamic group of people who form the UK & Ireland head office team.
What to expect:
- The Head of Marketing and Online UK & Ireland role reports in to the Finance Director and acts as a link between the UK Head Office and the HQ e-Commerce, PR and Marketing departments based in Germany.
- The role involves heading the UK Digital and Marketing Department. Managing three direct reports, the Junior Marketing and Online Manager and Customer Service Advisors; you will constantly ensure the implementation of a 360-degree, multi-channel communication strategy, aligned with global plans.
- You will contribute in maintaining the consistency in communication between departments, delivering a unified Tone of Voice across all consumer touch points (English language).
- Working closely with both the local and global Retail, Wholesale and E-commerce teams, you will promote an omni-channel approach and the digitalisation focus of the THOMAS SABO business, thriving to ensure a seamless shopping experience for the THOMAS SABO customers when navigating from online to store and vice versa.
- As the Head of Marketing and Online, you will manage the UK & Ireland budget, leading the strategic media planning, the implementation and delivery of effective online and offline marketing campaigns aimed at the increase of the brand awareness in the UK and continuous sales growth.
- You will own the overall local content strategy and will be responsible for developing creative, compelling yet informative online content and in-store POS to highlight the story-telling.
- You will drive the customer acquisition through highly performing CRM and online campaigns, aimed at increasing traffic and sales across the THOMAS SABO UK & Ireland websites.
- You will promote customer retention by working closely with the Online Customer Service team based in Germany and the two UK-based Customer Service Advisors.
- Alongside the PR team based in the German HQ, you will liaise with the London-based PR agency, ensuring that brand stories and marketing investments are maximised.
- You will be responsible for the UK & Ireland influencer marketing channel, managing campaigns from ideation to campaign execution, independently or with the assistance of the PR agency.
- You will contribute in driving the online trade business by developing relationships with key Wholesale Partners and working in partnership with the internal Sales and Marketing teams to build brand advocacy plans with E-retail and in-store customers.
- You will produce end of campaign reports and analyse e-commerce stats via Google Analytics and extrapolate useful insights to be shared with the internal teams
You will have:
- Brand experience at senior managerial level
- Commercial acumen encompassing both eCommerce and Retail
- Highly online literate, with multi-channel marketing and PR experience
- Strong interest in fashion, trends and youth culture
- Strong copywriting skills
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret data and translate into valuable insights
- Creative flair, with an attentive eye for detail and visual composition
- Meticulous planning, organisation and project management skills
- Self-driven, motivated, hardworking and problem solving
- At ease working with senior stakeholders and across internal and outsourced teams
- Excellent English skills, second language highly valued
- Excellent presentation skills
- Creative thinker with a good sense of humour
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop
What we offer you in return:
- Autonomy and variety in your role
- Development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- 65% staff discount
- Healthcare cash plan scheme, private medical insurance, season ticket loan and more
Currently, the UK & Ireland office team are working remotely due to the pandemic. This will continue for the immediate future but eventually, once we are able to return to the office in a safe and secure way, we anticipate that the role will be partially (2-3 days per week on a flexible basis) based in our office in Battersea, London.
THOMAS SABO is an equal opportunities employer and values a diverse workforce. We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving success.
We welcome all applications regardless of any individual's sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note, that due to a large volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you don’t hear from us, we thank you for taking the time to apply and wish you every success for your job search.
Please submit your application via our LinkedIn page: